New imported Covid case is triple-jabbed

Health authorities said on Sunday that the latest imported Covid-19 case is a man who had already been triple-jabbed.

The patient is a 56-year-old man who arrived from the United Kingdom on Monday.

He received a booster BioNTech jab last month, after being double-jabbed with AstraZeneca in February and April in the UK.

Meanwhile, the Centre for Health Protection said it turned out that an 18-year-old Hong Kong man who was said to have Covid-19 after travelling to Singapore last month was not infected after all.

Authorities in Singapore said further checks showed it was a false positive result.

The centre said his close contacts in Hong Kong who were sent to the quarantine camp earlier are therefore allowed to leave.